B.Sc. 1992, the Hebrew University of Jerusalem (HUJI), Environmental Economics and Management*, (Magna Cum laude, Dean's list).
M.Sc. 1996, HUJI, Environmental Economics and Management, (Magna Cum laude). Advisor: Prof. Israel Finkelshtain. Thesis title: Approaches toward Finance and the Incentives System.
Ph.D. 2007, HUJI, Environmental Economics and Management. Advisors: Prof. Israel Finkelshtain and Prof. Aliza Fleischer. Dissertation title: Rural Tourism in Israel; Structure, Analysis and Policy Implications.
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow 2009, HUJI, Environmental Economics and Management. Supervisor: Prof. Eli Feinerman. Subject: Impact of Counter-Urbanization on Size, Population Mix and Welfare of an Agricultural Region.
*The department of Environmental Economics and Management was previously the department of Agricultural Economics and Management.
Workshop in “Advances in Discrete Choice Models and Experimental Design for Stated Choice Data in Energy and Environmental Resources” by the Centre for the Study of Choice at the University of Technology in Sydney and the University of Padua, Italy, 2011.
Stata Elements course, Subotnick Financial Services Center, Zicklin School of Business - Baruch College, CUNY, New York, NY, 2013.
"Human factors in teams", 2010, the 4th workshop of CREATE, a Marie Curie (EU) series of events that is focused on developing young researchers' competencies tied to working in large European projects, as well as their competencies in social networking and relation building at an international level, May 26th- June 2nd Trondheim, Norway.
1. 2020-2023 EU project Horizon 2020 TRANSFORMATIONS-04-2019-2020, RIA. “Social and innovative Platform on Cultural Tourism and its potential towards deepening Europeanisation” (SPOT). Granted for 3 years, total grant € 3M. (BIU part, € 240,000).
2. 2019-2020- the Chief Scientist. “Green Smart City: Using Precision Agriculture Technologies in Green High-Rise Building (HRB) Walls” with Itamar Lensky, Eyal Yaniv, Keren Agay-Shay (BIU), David Helman (HUJI), Yafit Cohen, Victor Alchanati (Volcani centre). Granted for two years, total amount $ 285,000.
3. 2019-2021- Chief Scientist of the Israeli Ministry of Environmental Protection. “The Interplay Between Consumer Preferences for Alternative Fuel Vehicles and Energy Supply”. With Vered Blass (TAU) three years grant total amount $ 162,000.
4. 2019-2020. The Israel Science Foundation (ISF) Institutional Equipment Grant "Green walls in a smart city". With Itamar Lensky (BIU) and Orit Rotem (BIU) (total amount $100, 000).
5. H2020-SFS-2017-2 RIA Stimulating the co-creation of sustainable agri-food chains and innovative business models (SFINCS). Progressed to the final stage, unsuccessful (6M€, PI).
6. 2017-2019. The Israel Science Foundation (ISF) Consumer Preferences for Electronic Waste Collection with D. Vered Blass (TAU). Granted for two years (total budget $ 100,000).
7. 2017-2020. EU project, Horizon 2020 Framework Program, Transition from Linear to Circular: Policy and Innovation, with partners from Israel, Germany, UK, Holland, France, Spain, Malta, Poland and Belgium. Granted for three years, annual budget €1,000,000, (total budget €3,000,000).
8. Chief Scientist of the Israeli Ministry of Agriculture. Agriculture areas as ecological corridors: exploring the ecological and economic implication of different planning and management scenarios in “Harod” valley as a case study. With Prof. Shwartz, A. (the Technion) Dr. Segoli, M. (BGU) and Renan, I. (TAU). Granted for one year. Total amount $45,000.
9. 2016, Nekudat-Hen, The cost-benefit ratio of marginal fields interface in Harod Valley. With Dr. Segoli, M. (BGU) Hila Serge, Prof. Schwartz, A. and Prof. Carmel, Y. (Technion). Granted for one year (total budget $22,000).
10. 2013-2015. Excellence center for the Israeli Ministry of Agriculture, Socio-Economic Changes in the Rural Hemisphere in a Period of Changes in Agricultural Policy, with researchers from the HUJI, BIU and TAU. Granted for three years, annual budget $143,000, total amount $429,000.
11. 2015. Nekudat-Hen, Interaction and simultaneously between use of Information Resources, Environmental Attitudes and the Adoption of Practices by Farmers. With Dr. Blass, V. Granted for one year, annual budget $18,000, total amount $18,000.
12. 2012-2015. Chief Scientist, the Israeli Ministry of Agriculture, Ecological and Economic Impacts of Recreational Fishing in the Mediterranean Basin, with Prof. Benayahu, Y. Granted for three years, annual budget $36,000, total amount $108,000.
13. 2009-2010. Chief Scientist of the Israeli Ministry of Agriculture, Regulation and Support Policies in the Rural Tourism Industry in Israel. With Prof. Fleischer, A. and Prof. Finkelshtain, I. Granted for two years, annual budget, $21,500, total amount 43,000.
- Rotem Izak, M.Sc., Porter School, TAU, jointly with Dr. Vered Blass. (Completed November 2015, final grade 92)
- Liat Zvi, M.Sc., Porter School, TAU, jointly with Dr. Vered Blass (Completed March 2016, final grade 94).
- Adi Galor, MBA, Guilford Glazer Faculty of Business and Management, BGU, jointly with Dr. Mosi Rosenboim. (Completed November 2018 final grade 96).
- Elena Gregorian, M.Sc., Porter School, TAU, jointly with Prof. Matti Minz and Dr. Gal Raz, (Completed August 2018, final grade 90).
- Lior Tourgeman M.Sc., Porter School, TAU, jointly with Dr. Vered Blass and Dr. Ann Kronrod, thesis submitted on May 2019.
- Shachar Hatan M.Sc, Smith Faculty of Agriculture, Food & Environment, jointly with Prof. Aliza Fleischer, (Completed August 2019, final grade 94).
- Yael Shemer M.Sc., Porter School, jointly with Prof. Rakefet Sela-Sheffy TAU, thesis proposal approved.
- Haim Lugasi, Ph.D., Department of Geography and Environment BIU, jointly with Dr. Nir Cohen. (research proposal approved June 2019)
- Rinat Milo M.A., Department of Geography and Environment BIU jointly with Dr. Shlomit Flint
- Eyal Razi Yanuv, Ph.D., Faculty of Law, BIU, jointly with Prof. Oren Perez.
- Miri Reiss Ph.D. Department of Geography and Environment BIU, jointly with Dr. Shlomit Flint.
- Gil Dover, MA, Department of Geography and Environment BIU, jointly with Dr. Orit Rotem and Prof. Sigal Kaplan. (research proposal approved May 2019).
- Lee M. Gafter, M.A. Department of Geography and Environment BIU.
- Giora Cohen, Ph.D. epartment of Geography and Environment BIU, jointly with Dr. Orit Rotem
Ad-hoc Reviewer for Journals
International Journal of Sustainable Transportation
Journal of Cleaner Production
Journal of Air Transport Management
European Review of Agriculture Economics
Tourism Management Perspective
Current Issues in Tourism *2
International Journal of Tourism Policy
International Journal of Tourism Research*3
Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Research
Annals of Tourism Research
Journal of Business Research *4
International Journal of Sustainable Development & World Ecology
Land Use Policy
2018. Guest editor, Sustainability, special issue: Rural Tourism, Rural Development and Rural Resilience
Lectures and Presentations at Meetings and Invited Seminars
- Tchetchik, A., Fleischer, A. and I. Finkelshtain, 2005. Differentiation and Synergy in Rural Tourism: Evidence from Israel. The Israeli branch of the International Regional Science Association (RSAI), Haifa University.
- Tchetchik, A., Fleischer, A, and I. Finkelshtain, 2007. Differentiation & Synergies in Rural Tourism: Evidence from Israel. European Regional Science Association, (ERSA), Paris, France.
- Tchetchik, A. Fleischer A. and N. Shoval, 2008. Tourist Segmentation Using GPS Device in the Old City of Acre. The Israeli Academic Tourism Forum, (IATF), Ben-Gurion University of the Negev.
- Tchetchik, A. Fleischer A. and N. Shoval, 2008. Segmentation of Visitors to a Heritage Site Using High Resolution Time-Space Data. Brigham Young University, a conference on Heritage and Cultural Tourism, Jerusalem, Israel.
- Tchetchik, A. and A. Fleischer, 2009. Agglomeration and Spatial Density in the Rural Accommodations Industry, Leisure Studies Association (LSA) Conference, Canterbury Christ Church University, Department of Sport Science, Tourism and Leisure, Canterbury, UK.
- Tchetchik, A., Fleischer, A. and I. Finkelshtain, 2010. An Optimal Size for Rural Tourism Villages with Agglomeration and Club Good Effects. The Israeli branch of the International Regional Science Association (RSAI), Tel Aviv University.
- Tchetchik, A., Fleischer, A. and I. Finkelshtain, 2010. Agglomeration and Club Good in the Rural Accommodations Industry. International Geographical Union, the Israeli National Committee for Geography, the IGU Regional Conference. Bridging Diversity in a Globalizing World, Tel-Aviv, July 2010.
- Tchetchik, A., Fleischer, A. and I. Finkelshtain, 2010. Agglomeration and Club-Good Effects in the Rural Accommodations Industry. The 50th European Congress of the European Regional Science Association, ERSA, Sustainable Regional Development in the Creative Knowledge Economy, Jonkoping, Sweden.
- Tchetchik, A., Fleischer, A., and I. Finkelshtain, 2011. Agglomeration and Optimal Spatial Density of the Rural Accommodations Industry. The Center for Agricultural Economic Research and the Halbert Centre for Canadian Studies Authority for Research and Development. Emerging Issues in Agricultural Economics - Farms and Farming People: Structure and Connections to Food Security and Rural Communities An International Workshop, Rehovot, Israel.
- Fleischer, A., Tchetchik, A. and T. Toledo, 2011. The Impact of Fear of Flying on Flight Choice –Choice Model with Latent Variables. The 3rd Conference of the International Association for Tourism Economics (IATE), Bournemouth University, United Kingdom.
- Manes, E., Shetrit, M.P. and A. Tchetchik, 2012. The Median Voter Hypothesis Revisited: A Theory of Inflation Tax Evasion & the Demand for Redistribution. The 26th European Society for Population Economics conference (ESPE), University of Bern, Switzerland.
- Manes, E., Tchetchik, A. and A. Fleischer, 2012. The demand and supply for information in the online marketplace of reviews: theory and evidence from the hotel industry. Leisure, Living, Learning, Education in Sport, Tourism and the Outdoors Annual International Conference of the Leisure Studies Association, hosted by the University of Edinburgh, Scotland, UK.
- Tchetchik, A. 2013. Do communication technologies and VFR tourism complement or compete with each other? Think Tank: Re-conceptualizing Visiting Friends & Relatives (VFR) Travel. University of Surrey, Guilford, UK.
- Tchetchik, A. 2013. Do communication technologies and VFR tourism complement or compete with each other? The Israeli- Dutch section of the EU regional science. University of Groningen, the Netherland.
- Tchetchik, A., Grinstein, A., Manes, E. Shapira, D. and R. Durst, 2014. Does High-Volume Research Productivity Contribute to Clinical Excellence? The International Journal of Arts & Sciences (IJAS) International Conference for Academic Disciplines Ca' Foscari University, Italy.
- Tchetchik, A., Fleischer, A. and I. Finkelshtain, 2014. To Compete or Cooperate? Exploring New Opportunities and Analytical Framework for Rural Tourism. The 14th European Association of Agricultural Economists (EAAE) Congress, Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- Fleischer, A. Tchetchik, A., Barnahum Z. and E., Talev. 2016. Is Agriculture Important to Agritourism? The Agritourism Market in Israel. 56th European Congress of the European Regional Science Association (ERSA), Vienna, Austria. 23-26 August 2016.
- Tchetchik A., Biran, A. and E., Eichhorn. 2016, “Not on my vacation”: service encounters between able-bodied and disabled consumers- the case of hotel vacation. ISTO World Congress “Driving Tourism through inclusion” related activities Zagreb, Croatia. 18-21, October 2016.
- Manes, E., Schneider F. and Tchetchik A. 2017. On the Boundaries
- of the Shadow Economy – An Empirical Investigation. Annual Meeting of the European Public Choice Society, Central European University, Budapest, Hungary. April 19–22, 2017.
- Manes, E., Schneider F. and Tchetchik A. 2017. 5th International Conference on "The Shadow Economy, Tax Evasion and Informal Labor" On the Boundaries
- of the Shadow Economy – An Empirical Investigation. University of Warsaw, Poland. 27-30 July 2017.
- Zvi L, Tchetchik A and Blass V. 2017. The hidden segment Hedonistic- Environmentalists Test case of consumers’ preferences towards AFVs. The IGU conference, BGU December, 201.
- Peled, Y. Tchetchik, A., Zemach-Shamir S., Shechter, M. Israel, A. 2019. Non-use value of the Israeli Mediterranean ecosystem services. 59th European Congress of the European Regional Science Association (ERSA), Lyon, France. 27-30 August 2019. *Chair session (convenor and discussant) Special session: The Mediterranean: conflicts, ecological and economic values of a changing sea environment.